Monday, January 28, 2019

Colorful Lot

Ever now and then you may run across a team collector who decides to either go another direction with his collection, or simply thin out his extras.  I was lucky to find fellow Cardinals collector Hendu29 from The Bench who was downsizing somewhat.  He offered up quite a few colored parallels for sale that I could not pass up. 

Blue Wave refractors are one of my favorite Bowman Chrome parallels.  These look much better in hand.  My scanner tried to crop the image for some reason.  None of the cards are that off center.  The top 2 are from 2012, the bottom 2 from 2013.

These 2014 cards scanned better.  It will be interesting to see where Gomber ends up this year.  I would guess he will be a lefty out of the bullpen, but could get some spot starts.

These 2015 cards are my favorites.  Sosa will most likely be the starting shortstop in Triple A.  Piscotty and Gonzales both had nice years last year for Oakland and Seattle.  It is easy to root for them because they are both nice guys and never face the Cardinals.  Rowan Wick is now a reliever for the Cubs.  Not sure if he will make the roster.

I also received these Bowman Blue paper cards numbered to 500.  A few more bigger names with Rosenthal, Craig, and Wong in this group.

To keep up with my home state Illini colors, I also received some orange parallels.  I believe most of these are numbered to 250.  Maybe Allen Craig will finally regain his form in San Diego.  Hard to believe he went from being an All Star in 2013 to not playing in the Majors the last 3 years.

Topps Chrome orange refractors are pretty sharp, although some appear a little more red like the Rasmus card.

Silver card are not the sharpest, but I like the player selection.  The Black Wave refractor is not a sharp as the Blue Wave, but still pretty sweet.  The silver cards are numbered to 499.

Some random colors mixed in.  I did not even know there were purple Bowman cards.  The 2015 Holliday is numbered to 250.  I have very few Finest refractors in my collection.  The Berkman is numbered to 99.

The package also included a couple of sweet die cuts.  Still hurts to think what might have been for Taveras.  All together I received 43 cards for $7 total.  Not quite a dime box worthy deal, but very close, plus I did not have to drive anywhere. 



No comments:

Post a Comment