Monday, April 1, 2019

Dime Buys

Here it is April 1 already and I have not been to a card show yet this year.  I am missing the bargain boxes big time, but my trading has helped ease the pain.  There are a few shows in April I might be able to hit.  Until then, I will settle for some dime cards that I purchased from The Bench member seal006.  If you factoring in shipping the cards were close to 15 cents each, but still a good buy for me. 
The 1987 Topps border will always be a classic for me.  That was the first year that I got into opening packs.  It was also the first set I ever completed.  Good memories

I had the blue and black versions of the Flaherty, but somehow the regular version avoided me.  Not anymore.  I am not a fan of the background on the Hicks card.  It looks like a paint ball exploded.

  
Same 2 players on 2018 Mega Box refractors.  Love the look of these, although my first thought of seeing them is someone ran over them.  Background reminds me a lot of tire tread.
 
Prospect refractors are always a great buy for a dime.  Colored ones like the sky blue Perez are even better. 

Bowman paper parallels are not as flashy as the Chrome cards, but once again are great buys for a dime.  I believe 2018 was the first year for the camo border.  Nice to see Topps try something different.

Stadium Club Chrome cards combine high gloss and great photography.  What more can you want in a card?  The Bader is also nice.  I always like the use of the team logo in the background.

A four pack of pitchers round out the package.  The Platinum Ice parallel is my favorite of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment