Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Worth the Wait

I am sure we have all encountered a trade package that we wonder if it will ever arrive.  Sometimes the post office will send a package on a cross country journey, while other times the other trader involved either forgets to mail or has something come up.  The later was the case with my last trade package from a TCDB member.  He stated that his girlfriend mails his packages on her way to work.  According to him, she was involved in a car accident and forgot to take the package out before the car went to the repair shop.  I am not sure whether to believe the story, but at least my cards did arrive about 3 weeks after he received his end of the trade. 

 
I joined the Stadium Club members club in 1992 in order to receive the exclusive 30 card box set.  I still have it somewhere, but did not join any other year.  Not sure how many years Topps offered the set, but it was at least a few as this card is from the 1994 set.   

I still have plenty base cards to chase from the last 2 years.  The Weaver cut my 2018 Gallery needs down to just 2 short prints.  The Dejong is from the 2017 Panini Chronicles set.  This is my third of 4 Cardinals in the set.  I still need the Weaver.   Rounding out this threesome is a 2018 Bowman Platinum Top Prospects card.  I still need 2 more for that set including a Jordan Hicks.

I like these blue parallels from 2018 better than the base cards.  The blue fading into red looks great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment