Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Donruss Hits

My latest trade package arrived yesterday from Trading Bases member Rick C.  We did a nice little team trade with Rangers and Rockies headed his way and some new 2019 Donruss Cardinals coming my direction.
The black border cards remind me of the 1985 set, especially the Diamond Kings card.  I am not a fan of the RC badge on the top 2 cards.  Panini followed Topps lead by keeping Wisdom in a Cardinal uniform even though he was traded to Texas in early December.  I don't mind though because he is one of the nicest players you can ever meet.  I hope he does well in Texas.

My scanner turned this Stat Line card into a blue parallel.  The border is really silver.  Flaherty will start the Caridnals home opener on Tuesday.  I hope it goes better than his first start against the Brewers.

The best looking card of the bunch is this Independence Day parallel.  I do not recall seeing Yadi wear blue pads in a few years.  If Topps can airbrush, why cannot Panini. 

No comments:

Post a Comment