Friday, April 12, 2019

HItting 2019 Needs Hard

Other than a Wal-Mart blaster box of Topps Series 1, I have not opened any 2019 packs.  Sometimes that makes it hard to complete team sets, but with help of other traders I have not had that problem.  Frequent trading partner Ron B. knocked out quite a few 2019 needs with his most recent trade package. 

I am a fan of this year's Gypsy Queen base cards.  I like the nice clean look with a great ribbon at the bottom.  I need 2 more base cards, the McGwire legends sp, and couple of variations.  Even though it is photoshopped, it was nice to get my first Goldschmidt card in a Cardinals uniform.

 Another set, another Goldy.  This one does not look as good as the GQ.  2 more base cards and a variation will complete this set. 

I love the blue foil parallels from Opening Day.  They real shine in hand.  It is nice to see Topps come up with a different insert set like the 150 Years of Fun.  Sweet photo of Ozzie signing autographs.

This Ozzie is my first 2018 Gold Label card.  This is the Class 1 version.  Sure would be nice if Topps would tell you what version it was on the back of the card instead of having to guess or do some internet searching.

The shiny part of the package features a 2017 Heritage purple refractor, 2014 Chrome Xfractor, and a 2014 Donruss Career Stat Line.  The Yadi is my favorite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment