Monday, April 29, 2019

Nothing Wrong With Being Small

The increase in postage at the beginning of this year has changed trading habits for some collectors.  I have encountered a few who do not want to mail a trade that does not include a certain number of cards or a given dollar amount.  I understand where they are coming from, but for me this is more of a hobby.  I am not crazy enough to mail a 1988 Donruss card in a $3 bubble mailer, but I do love trading.  There is nothing better than coming home from a long day of work to find your mailbox full of card packages.  Last week I had 4 small package arrive to help out with my Cardinals collection.

The Bench member buildingsets sent some 2019 Gypsy Queen hits.   The regular Yadi was the last non short print I needed.

 TCDB member itsjustoldcardboard sent a nice Ozzie insert and a David Freese that completed my 2009 Topps 206 team set. 

TCDB member BobbyL finished two sets with his package.  Nice to put the 2017 Topp Fire and 2016 Bowman Chrome Vending sets to bed.

Long time trading partner Mark Z sent me an unexpected 3 pack of Cardinals inserts.  Those purple Optic parallels look awesome in person.  Yadi wore #41 his first 2 seasons before switching to his current #4.  Hard to believe this is his 16th season. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment