Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Free Killed 3

My son has gotten into the habit of checking the mail for card envelopes.  The bubble mailers are easy for him to identify, but some of the PWEs are hard to tell if they contain cards.  One arrived yesterday that he had not problem guessing what was inside.  It was marked as fragile, photos inside.  The only problem was there was no return address and I was not expecting anything.  The mystery was solved after opening the envelope to find Trading Bases member Wes N. had sent me some free Cardinals that finished off 3 team sets.

I am almost ashamed to admit I had not completed the 1997 and 1998 Donruss sets before these 2 cards arrived.  I love the photo on the 1998 Gant card.  He was not known to be a great fielder, but this card proves otherwise.  At least for one day anyway.  

I need to do a better job of making want lists for insert sets.  These 2 I did have lists for and Wes finished the 1997 Score Premium Stock set.  The Cooper brought my 1995 Upper Deck Special Edition needs down to 2.

The last 2 cards are from the 1996 Fleer Tradition Update set.  Last card needed to finish that set is Cardinal legend Cory Bailey.  Oh for the days when obscure rookie middle relievers had cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment