Monday, January 13, 2020

A Whole Lot of Jose

When I am working on a trade on TCDB, I usually check to see if the other trader has any Jose Altuve cards that my son needs.  Most of the time I can find something he does not have.  Altuve has over 6,400 cards listed on the site.  My son has around 250.   That number took a big jump from a recent trade with member engine614.  He went out of his way to find cards he needed or could use as trade bait in order to send all the Altuves my son needed.


My son keeps all his cards in a binder.  He likes filling a page with cards that have the same photo.  With so many parallels and Topps recycling the same photos, he already has quite a few.

I have never really paid attention to how colorful the Astros uniforms can be.  The player's weekend version is cool, but I find the retro type still tacky.

Along with the above minis, there were also some colored parallels and refractors.

Looking at these horizontal cards, I cannot help but think of the good, the bad, and the ugly.  The Heritage is not that bad, but there is no denying the 2013 Triple Play is flat out ugly.

The best of the bunch was the 2019 Silver Pack Purple #ed to 75.  Just a sweet looking card in person.

Of course I gained a handful of Cardinals also.  The Musial card is my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment