Friday, January 10, 2020

Behind Enemy Lines

If you have not figured it out by now, I am a Cardinals fan.  Always have been, always will be.  I cannot point to the exact reason why I became one, but it most likely had something to do with listening to Jack Buck calling games when I was young.  My local radio station has been a Cardinals affiliate for as long as I can remember.  My brother would listen to the game every night during the season.  Many nights I fell asleep to Buck's catch phrase "That's A Winner". 

It is natural for someone to root for the closest geographic team.  What is strange is when you find someone who roots for the team's biggest rival.  Thus is the case with my latest TCDB trading partner CubinSTLsets.  He is a Cubs fan who lives in a St. Louis suburb.  He is originally from mid Illinois, which is a toss up between Cardinals and Cubs fans.  He was more than willing to trade me a nice batch of Cardinals that arrived Wednesday.

My scanner does not like my new laptop.  It seems to cut off the top of a lot of scans.  The 2 1982 Topps Stickers are not miscut like shown.  These 2 finish the 10 card/sticker set.  The Brian Jordan is a great oddball card from the 1992 Cartwright's set.

One of the things on my to do list this year is to add parallels to my wantlist.  These 1994 Stadium Club Golden Rainbow cards are 2 less I have to worry about.

I loved pulled Ultra Gold Medallion cards when I was younger.  There was something special about seeing that gold text or background.  These 1997 cards do not stand out quite as much, but are still pretty sharp.

Two hits to some 2001 sets.  If you blinked, you may have missed both these guys playing for the Cardinals.

I already had these 4 cards.  I plan on using them for autographs at the Cardinals Winter Warm Up next weekend.  I like to use Topps base cards for in person autographs.  The 2 Rookie Cup cards should look pretty sweet.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment