Friday, January 24, 2020

Cardinals Hall of Fame Musuem

If you read any of my posts this week about the Cardinals Winter Warm Up, you will recall the presentations hosted by the Cardinals Hall of Museum. The first 50 people received a mystery bobblehead from the previous years.  I never did score the Branch Rickey I was hoping for, but did come away with 7 bobbleheads to trade or sell.

A few weeks ago I renewed my family membership.  The Museum posted a special on their Facebook page on January 7th, national bobblehead day.  In addition to the 2 new bobbleheads given out in 2019, I also received a third bobblehead.  I chose a Dizzy Dean that I already sold for $40.  The 2 new bobbleheads are only available with a membership.  They were not given away at the WWU.
 
I will be the first to admit that I cannot stand Tim McCarver as an announcer.  Never liked him on Fox, hate it even more when he does games for the Cardinals regional network.  He did  however play on 2 World Series Championship teams in 1964 and 1967.  He was later part of the famous trade that helped start free agency.  McCarver and Curt Flood were the main players headed to Philadelphia in exchange for Dick Allen. 

Pepper Martin was a member of the Gas House Gang teams of the 1930s.  This bobblehead plays a small musical clip.  I find it corny and cool at the same time.  Martin was the leader of a group of players who formed a band know as the Marvelous Mississippi Mudcats Band.  I am not sure if they played anywhere in public, but would play all the time in the clubhouse after a Cardinals win.

If you would like more information about the Museum, check out this link.   If you are ever in St. Louis, I highly recommend a visit.  It is right across the street from Busch Stadium.  It is a great way to kill a few hours.     

No comments:

Post a Comment