Tuesday, January 7, 2020

First Trades of the New Year

My first trades of 2020 arrived over the weekend.  Over the Christmas break I managed to work out a handful of traded on TCDB.  The first one that arrived was a PWE from member lfbBirdsCards.

Seems I have been finding quite a few minor league cards recently.  Last month I received quite a few Team Best cards.  January started off with these 3 from the 1992 Skybox AA set.  These 3 finished the 10 card team set.  The biggest name from the Cardinals set is Chuck Carr.  Shows how bad the early 1990s were.

The other card was from the 2019 Topps Heritage Minors set.  I mentioned in a previous post that Gil has a good chance to be in Peoria this year.  Not sure if it will be to start the year, but I hope to have this card autographed some time.

The second package was my first trade with member nathanfrancy.  I proposed a trade to him that he countered because I did not ask for enough.  Goes to show there are still some honest traders out there.

The Topps inserts look better with the chrome finish.  Love the baby blue uniform.  The Gorman is from 2019 Bowman Chrome.  This will not be the last time I feature him in a post this month.  Stay tuned.

My son received 23 cards for his 2019 Topps Fire set.  Besides the great look, there is also a great selection of retired players like Griffey and Hoffman.  He is a little over half way done with the set, with another nice lot on the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment