Thursday, January 2, 2020

Back to Reality

Today is my first day at work since December 23.  My brain says it is Monday, but the calendar says Thursday.  After the hectic holiday break, it is kind of nice to get back to work.  Things are somewhat slow this time of year in my line of work, so I have some spare time this afternoon to catch up on a trade post.  Paul from Scribble Ink fame worked out a trade with me on TCDB that arrived shortly after Christmas. 

I love cards of the retired Cardinals greats, especially oddball cards like these.  The Enos Slaughter is from the 1986 Sportflics Decade Greats set, while the Red Schoendienst is a 1976 SSPC card.  Check out that wonderful jacket.

I have very few inserts from 2019 Update.  From what I have seen, these are some of the best looking.  I am not a huge fan of the ring of stars, but it does work with the patriotic theme.

The Goldy is my first 2019 Topps Gallery Cardinals.  Not a fan of this set at all.  I have seen a lot of the paintings that look nothing like the player.  I have been on Flair kick lately.  The Eck is a Row 2 from the 1997 set. 

 This Gallery preview from 2019 Bowman Platinum is a lot better than the Goldschmidt card.  My son is getting close to 250 different Altuves in his collection.  He set a goal to get to 300 this year.  Hope I can help him get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment