Saturday, December 28, 2019

I'm Still Getting Presents

Who doesn't love getting presents after Christmas?  That is what I received on Thursday when the mailman delivered a great package from Kerry, author of Cards On Cards.  His post on Monday showed cards from a recent 2019 Bowman Draft team break.  I commented about needing any doubles he may have.  Kerry was way ahead of me and had already packaged them up for me.  What a great guy!


There are 8 Cardinals in the set.  Kerry set all 8 from the paper set and chrome sets.  Locey was a 3rd round draft pick in 2019 who made in to Low A Peoria.  Fletcher was a 2nd round pick as a 18 year old.  I am guessing both will be in Peoria some time this year.  Baker should get bumped up to Double A Springfield, while Capel might bounce back and forth between Double and Triple A if he is not traded.  The Cardinals have a ton of outfielders.


Gorman is the Cardinals #2 prospect.  He should spent the bulk of 2020 at Springfield.  In a hitter's park like Hammonds Field, I would guess he will hit 20+ home runs.  Gil and Pallante should both end up in Peoria sometime.  I am not sure where 2019 first rounder Thompson will end up. The Cardinals tend to be aggresive with the placement of pitchers.  He could skip Peoria and go to High A Palm Beach.  That is more of a pitcher's league.  I should have a chance to get some of these autographed next summer.

I also received 3 refractors and a Draft Progression insert.  Kerry mentioned on his post about Zack Kirtley being an unknown.  He was a 5th round pick in 2017.  He is hands down one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. 


I mentioned in yesterday's post about having very few Team Best cards.  Kerry sent along 3 more.  I did not have these on my wantlist.  Kerry checked out my TCDB have list and found some Cardinals I needed.  I LOVE traders who take the extra time to do things like this. 

The 1985 Topps Glossy Ozzie was another card not on my list.  The Sanders was a needed from 2004 Topps Chrome Traded. 


Rounding out the package were some inserts of Cardinals pitchers.  Poor Jason Marquis was not quite as good as the other 3 guys. 

Thanks again Kerry for the great package.  Return fire will be headed your way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment