Friday, December 6, 2019

The Rest of My Card Show Haul

Finishing up my card show recap from this past Sunday, today's post features all the cards I bought from a dealer's quarter boxes along with 1 other purchase.  I loved this dealer's set up.  He had 3 monster boxes full of nothing but Cardinals.  He also had 3 monster boxes of assorted singles from the last 5 years that were grouped by brand.  Best of all it was all baseball, no other sports mixed in.  That saved a ton of time.

One box was full of nothing but Donruss Optic cards.  My eyes were have a hard time telling the holo parallel cards apart from the regular cards.  I played it safe and just grabbed the 2 Altuves I knew my son needed.

I was hoping to find more cool Pirate cards for a good trading friend, but the pickings were slim.  Worst part I already had the Polanco refractor in another pile for him.  At least it way only a quarter wasted.  That is all the non Cardinals I bought as my son was getting hungry at this point and I wanted to go through the Cardinals boxes.

The 3 boxes had some base cards that I might have needed, but lacking time I decided to stick with Cardinals I thought I needed.  For the most part I did a good job.  There was a great selection of inserts like this 1997 New Pinnacle Artist Proof and a 1996 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor.

There were also a ton of numbered cards.  Some from base sets, others parallels.  Included here is a 2001 UD Gold Glove sp #ed to 1000, a 2003 Sweet Spot sp #ed to 2003, a 2004 Fleer  Inscribed sp #ed to 750, and a 2002 Gold Label Titanium parallel #ed to 100.  Hard to pass any of these up for a quarter.

I grabbed these Topps Gold not knowing if I needed them for sure.  I got lucky and did not have them.

I love finding premium brand base cards like Topps Tribute.  I was in such a good mood that I even bought a mini from the 2012 Panini Golden Age set.

One box was full of nothing but pitchers.  Some numbered, some sps, and some minor league cards.  The 2018 Gallery Ankiel short print is my favorite of the bunch, although the 2004 Leaf Limited Morris is a close second.  It is hard to find cards from that set since the base were numbered to 749.

I completed the 1992 Upper Deck McDonalds 50 card set years ago, but I have a TCDB friend who is looking for these.  

Out of the 28 cards I picked out for $7, the Polanco Chrome refractor and these 3 Cardinals were the only duplicates I pulled.  These should not be too hard to find a good home for.  Kerry if you need any of these, lmk.

That was all my card purchases for the day, but I was not finished.  Admission to the show is $5 per person, but each person is given a coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase from any dealer.  I did not have enough time or money left to spend both coupons, but I did find a dealer with some bobbleheads for a good price.  

I paid $11 each for these after using the coupon.  The dual Clemente/Molina is one of my favorites in my collection. 

 



   

2 comments:

  1. That Clemente Molina bobble is awesome. I still scratch my head at the Pirates acquiring Matt Morris all these years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morris was well past his prime at that point. I always liked him though, tough as they come

    ReplyDelete