Friday, December 27, 2019

One More From Christmas Eve

While Christmas day was pretty quiet, Christmas eve day was pretty busy at my house.  We hosted my father in law's side of the family for a noon meal.  I believe there were 36 people here counting the little ones.  I have a pretty big basement, so space was not an issue.  Guests started to arrive around 11, and the last bunch left around 5:30.  After a light dinner, we watched Lampoons Christmas and Elf before headed out to Midnight Mass.  There is not a better feeling than sitting in a candle lit church with your family celebrating Christmas at midnight.   

With all the hustle and bustle, I managed to misplace some mail.  I highlighted 2 pwes in yesterday's post, but I manged to forget about a bubble mailed that was buried on the counter until yesterday.  This package was courtesy of TCDB member mherzog.

 

I love minor league cards, but have few from Team Best.  I will have do start paying more attention to the brand.  The Ankiel is from the 1999 set.  The Bader was the last Cardinal base card I needed from 2018 Bowman's Best.  Not really a big feat since there were only 2 of them.

Some of the early Panini Donruss sets were just not that great, like these 2014 The Rookies.  The extreme close up photos makes the lack of logos stand out big time.

I love the Topps Silver Pack cards.  The chrome finish makes them pop.  The regular 1983 insert is not too bad either.  I hope Topps uses the 1985 design in 2020.  That is the first year I collected cards and it brings back great memories.

It was ironic getting a snow parallel when it was almost 60 degrees the last few days.  Far cry from our usual holiday weather.  The Adams did not scan well, but it is a Xfractor from 2012 Bowman Platinum.  Big City is still one of my favorite Cardinals.  It was great to see him win a ring with the Nationals.


No comments:

Post a Comment