Thursday, December 26, 2019

2 PWEs from The Bench

I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas.  My family spent most of the day at home enjoying our new gifts.  Lots of Legos being put together, new games to play, and a new bat that got some swings in thanks to the wonderful weather. 

My son scored 2 boxes of 2019 Topps Fire that we are still going through.  He has decided to put the base set together.  Since this is his third box, he has a pretty good start with about half of the 200 card set already.  I did not receive any cards as gifts, but did receive a couple of PWEs on Christmas eve from 2 members of The Bench . 

The first pwe came from member neemann.  He was giving away some recent inserts and I claim a nice Cardinal.


I love the Flame parallels from the 2018 Fire set.  This year's version is not quite as sharp. 

The second pwe was a trade from member jaxbraves.


These are my first cards from 2019 Bowman's Best.  The DeJong is one of 2 base cards in the set.  Gorman is a Top Prospects insert, while the Montero is a sweet die cut from the Future Foundations set. 


On a related note about The Bench, the members have been trying to complete the Yankee Stadium Legacy set for years now.  Once completed, the set will be auctioned off with the proceeds going to the Jimmy V Foundation.  We are just 2 cards away from completion.  We are needed #2105 Yogi Berra and #4767 Ron Guidry.  If you have either of these 2 or know of someone who does, please let me know.  We would be willing to buy, or have a ton of doubles to trade for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment