Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Ugly Trade

In a post last week I mentioned how awful the 2019 Topps Gallery cards looked.  At the time Paul Goldscmidt was the only Cardinals I had.  I received an envelope from TCDB member stoob that just strengthen my opinion of the set.

 

Not only did Topps do a bad job with the Thomas pic, they put Jack Flaherty on the Dakota Hudson card.  Reminds me of their mistake from 2019 Stadium Club where Greg Garcia is pictured on the Paul DeJong card.  I will give Topps a little credit on the Helsey.  That card is not bad.  I still need 4 more Cardinals to finish the team set, but this is one I am not in a hurry to complete.

The Gallery cards were in the second envelope stoob sent.  He felt guilty about mailing the PWE containing these 2019 Optic cards a little late, so he sent another package.  Both arrived the same day.  Great gesture on his part that he did not have to do,  I will put the Optic cards a step above Gallery, but just because of the chrome finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment