Monday, July 12, 2021

2 Smalls

Mother Nature was not a big baseball fan in Illinois this weekend.  The Cardinals and Cubs game was rained out yesterday.  My son's All Star team was playing in a state tournament that was about an hour and half away from home.  By Saturday at 2 they field was not playable.  We are scheduled to go back tonight at 6 for the championship game.  Regardless of the result, both teams advance to play in Lexington, KY next week.  

What does this have to do with baseball cards?  Not much, other than my spare time will be next to nothing.  Trading has been very slow due the last few weeks.  I have 2 envelopes arrive this week.  One was from a trade, the other was a nice surprise from a long time trading friend.

First is the trade from The Bench member Trishlp.


Single card trades are not my favorite, but I only gave up one of the dime cards I found at the last card show.  So really this Carlson card cost me less than $1.  That is a lot better than EBAY rates.

Next up is a pwe from Trading Bases member Ron B.  Ron just recently moved to a different state, but found the time to send a couple of cards my way.  One for me, one for my son.


This 2020 Topps Heritage buyback Schoendienst card is in better condition than the original 1971 Topps I have in my collection.  It really pains me when Topps stamps such a nice vintage card.  The Altuve card is the first 2021 Finest card my son and I have in hand.  As always Topps does a nice job with this brand.


No comments:

Post a Comment