Friday, July 16, 2021

Ask And You Shall Receive

I mentioned in Wednesday's post that I was hoping to find the last 4 Cardinals I needed from Series 2 from one trader.  As luck would have it, a package arrived later that day from Trading Bases member Matt S. that contained those 4 cards and a couple more.

  

Funny all 4 cards were of pitchers.  What is not so funny is that these 4 could all be in the starting rotation before too long.  I have no problem with Kim and Wainwright being there, but Oviedo and Woodford need more time in the minors before joining the rotation long term.  Injuries may prevent that.


Speaking of injuries, it is looking more likely that Jordan Hicks is going to miss the rest of the 2021 season .  Since the Cardinals do not appear likely to make the playoffs, I am ok with him resting up for the 2022 season and a return to the closer's role.  Alex Reyes has done a great job this year, but I am guessing he will be given a shot to start next year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment