Monday, April 11, 2022

All Shapes and Sizes

Most collectors know the standard baseball card measures 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches.  That is the size I prefer my cards to be.  It makes sorting and storing cards so easy when they all identical in size, but we know all cards are not made the same.  I cannot count how many times I have voiced my displeasure for mini cards over the years.  I have grown to tolerate them more as long as it is a Cardinals card.  Larger cards are not as common as minis, but still pose the same problem.  I received some of both in a recent trade with TCDB member Cardsrule.  Great username by the way.  I believe Cards is short for Cardinals because I traded him about 40 Cardinals duplicates for this lot. 


I will work my way up from smallest to largest.  I have never seen or heard of 1983 Fleer Stamps before this trade.  They are slightly larger than a regular postage stamp, measuring 1.25 inches x almost 1.5 inches.  These will all be placed in a sleeve and top loader, then sealed with a piece of painter's tape.  Not sure how else to store them.


1983 Fleer Star Stickers are 1.75 inches x 2.5 inches.  It was a lot easier keeping these straight on the scanner bed than the stamps.  This team set is now complete.


1982 Fleer Stamps measure almost 2 inches by 2.5 inches.  Not sure why Fleer decided to shrink them a year later.  This set is also finished now.



I did not want to make 3 different scans for the regular and larger cards, so here you go.  The  1996 Fleer Update Bailey is the only normal card in the lot.  The middle card from the 2001 Cardinals Police stadium giveaway set measures 2 5/8 inches x 4 1/8 inches.  Not sure why this card was not in the set I bought off EBAY, but now the set is complete.  The final Ozzie Smith 1987 Donruss All Star Pop Up measures 2.5 inches x 5 inches.  Sorry for all the numbers in this post.  It almost felt like math class typing all of it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment