Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Full House Trade

I am not much of a poker player.  When I was growing up, my family spent many nights playing euchre and pinochle.  I was taught how to play poker, but I found the other 2 games to be more fun.  Even in college my friends and I preferred euchre.  None of us were much into playing for chips or money.  The extent of my poker playing these days is at local church fundraisers for high dollars prizes like a 2 liter of soda or a free pizza.  That does not mean I have forgotten what makes up certain poker hands.  A recent trade package from TCDB member jmkidd gained me a full house of Cardinals.  The pwe contained 3 Nolan Arenado cards and 2 Dylan Carlson cards.


If you look closely you can see the top left card is the Fractal Revolution parallel and the top right is the base Revolution from 2021 Panini Chronicles.  I like them both, but doubt I will track down all 9 different parallels.  The bottom 2021 Gallery base cards leaves me 3 short of the team set.  


I added a couple more Panini Chronicles base cards.  Even though the Titan is nice and shiny, the Classics card gets the win in my book due to the color matching.  I am looking for Carlson to have a big year this year if healthy.  I am guessing he will be a 20-20 man with a .270 average.    


    

No comments:

Post a Comment