Tuesday, April 12, 2022

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #13

The first TCDB 2 for Tuesday in April brings more of the usual things you would expect, 2 small trades from the Trading Card Database (TCDB) website. Today's first pwe trade arrived yesterday from member frankgifford.  This trade brought me 7 cards, but 3 of them I plan to use for in person autographing so I will spare you those pictures until I get them signed.


I am down to just needing a Jack Flaherty card to finish my 2021 Gallery team set.  I like how you can see the arches of Busch Stadium's upper deck in the background of the Gibson card.  


Altuve # 487 and 488 are now in my son's binders.  He loves how the 2018 Donruss Dominators Crystal cards looks.  Reminds me of a Topps cracked ice card.

The second trade came from member coachspike.  I sent him a few 2021 Topps Heritage Minor League cards in exchange for these 4 Cardinals.


Most of my 2021 Topps brand base sets are done minus a few short prints, so now it is time to fill in the holes on the parallel sets.  I am a big fan of the green border Gypsy Queen cards.  I think it is because all the green reminds me of a baseball diamond.  If mother nature holds out, I will be in the bleachers tomorrow to watch  Adam Wainwright pitch.  The way it looks now that is not going to happen.


Mosaic was my favorite Panini brand from 2021.  The parallels and inserts looked a little better than the Prizm ones.  Not much to say about the rather bland 2021 Optic Carlson other than I like the player.  Carlson is off to a pretty good start in the leadoff spot.  I mentioned last week that I expect a big year from him.  It should not hurt that he gets to face the Pirates and Cubs quite a few times this year.  Neither pitching staff is all that great.   




 

No comments:

Post a Comment