Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Minor Goodness

The MLB regular season is set to start tomorrow.  That almost did not seem possible back in January when the strike was going on.  At that time it looked like minor league baseball would be the only games being played.  Thankfully the strike ended and we will get to see both brands of baseball.  

The Triple A minor league season got started last night.  The Cardinals Triple A team Memphis pulled out a 2-1 victory over the Braves Gwinnett team.  I am listening to their second game right now as I type this post.  A great way to pass the long afternoon at work while it is raining.  The rain also gives me plenty of down time to write about a recent trade with TCDB member 5marchx that contained a nice lot of minor league cards.  


I love finding minor league cards that are not part of the team issued sets.  I am guessing these 1987 Feder Texas League All Star cards were available during the 1988 season.  Peters and Fitzgerald had brief careers in St. Louis, while the other 3 never cracked the majors.  The big names in the 35 cards set are Gregg Jefferies and Sandy Alomar Jr.  


In 1988 the Cardinals double A team in Springfield, IL was part of the Midwest League.  Now their high A team in Peoria is part of that league.  This set was quite large with 59 cards in it.  I have a copy of the Lankford card in my player collection, but needed this one and the Becker for my team collection.  The Clark card is from 1999 Team Best.  This 100 card set was available in 18 pack boxes.  


I did receive a very nice MLB card in this 2018 Opening Day autograph of Harrison Bader.  This is my second certified autograph of him.  It is not as flashy as some of his other autograph cards, but I will gladly give it a good home   



    

No comments:

Post a Comment