Monday, April 4, 2022

Cardinals Trade

I did not plan on taking last week off from blogging.  It just sort of happened.  I had a few packages come in, but just did not have the desire to scan or write about them.  I admit it was nice to take a short break, but now I am ready to get back into the swing of things.  Today I will highlight my favorite type of trade, a Cardinals for Cardinals swap.  TCDB member timriess and myself have done this type of trade quite a few times.  I sent him 39 duplicates in exchange for 27 cards.  21 of those cards are already in the mail to another collector.  I ended up with 5 Cardinals, while my son added a new Jose Altuve card.


I finished off my 2021 Chrome Update team set with this Carlson card.  The purple refractor was a nice bonus.


When I showed his Series 1 card a few weeks back, I mentioned how strange it was to see Lester in a Cardinals uniform. Not sure if I will ever get used to it, but if Topps puts him in enough sets I guess I will.


Did I need another copy of a 1995 and 1996 Topps Ray Lankford when I already have one in his player collection and another in the team set?  In this case yes.  Later this summer I should have an opportunity to get these signed in person.  I am trying to get all of his base Topps cards autographed.  Hopefully next time you see these in June they will look a little different.  


My son's quest for 500 Altuves is slowly moving along.  This 2021 Update Chrome All Star inserts is #486.  He hopes to make it by the end of the summer.  That should not be a problem with quite a few new sets coming out this month including 2022 Donruss and its numerous border variations.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment