Friday, March 25, 2022

2022 Heritage Box Break

My most recent box break loot arrived yesterday.  I paid $7 for the Cardinals spot in a 1 hobby box break on The Bench website.  I was not expecting much in the way of big hits, just hoping to get one of the 3 Cardinals short prints.  I came away with 7 base cards.


This is the first Cardinals card of Matz.  Topps did a decent job of airbrushing this one.  Wainwright is in line to start what should be his final opening day.  The only way I see him coming back for 2023 is if he and Molina do not make 20 starts together to break the all time battery mark.


Shortstop is the only real question mark in the field for the Cardinals.  Sorry for management is giving DeJong every chance to reclaim his starting role, which I hope he does.  If not, Sosa will see the bulk of the playing time unless he falters.  Plan C would be to shift Tommy Edman to short and start Nolan Gorman at second.  


These 3 should be in the lineup every day barring injury.  Molina has yet to play in a spring training game due to reporting late, but he should be ready for the first game on April 7.  Bader may miss a day or two due to his arbitration hearing.  I hope he can duplicate his 2021 season.  A gold glove and average offense would be great.  Goldschmidt should be his usual self.  30 home runs, 100 rbi's , and a .300 average is what I expect from him.

At $1 each, these cards were a little overpriced but that is the risk you take sometime with box breaks.  I will call this one a wash.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment