Thursday, March 3, 2022

2 For Me, 2 For My Son

It feels weird looking out my window today at a sunny day with 50 degree temperatures.  The last 4 Thursdays have all brought snow or ice.  Maybe the weather has decided it is spring a little early.  This weekend should be even better with highs on Saturday close to 70.  I plan on taking my son to the outdoor batting cages for the first time this year.  Unlike MLB, I know he will be playing a game the second weekend in April.  

It seems a little off to me for 2022 baseball cards to be out with the lockout going on.  I have no doubt the season will start sometime, but it would not surprise me to not see games until May.  Until then, I will have to get my baseball fix from trading cards like the ones I received from TCDB member cr74 yesterday.  


My second 2022 Topps insert is the retail only Arenado.  Not a bad looking card.  The Ramirez is a rainbow foil from 2021 Topps Update.  


My son added a couple of Altuve cards to his collection.  After getting the 2022 Topps card, we both agreed there was no need to buy any Series 1 cards.  We will go the card show or trade route to find any inserts we want.  The silver pack card is from 2021 Series 2.  I always liked how the 1986 design matches the name plate to the team color.  It really stands out with the chrome finish.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment