Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Something Extra

It is always nice to receive something extra in a trade.  In my book it does not have to be worth a lot of money.  It is the thought of the other collector that makes the item special.  The other day I showed off a common Fleer sticker that I received in a trade.  Just seeing it included brightened my day.  With everything that is going on right now with the strike and Russian invasion, it is nice to know there are still plenty of courtesy people out there.  

Monday I received a pwe from TCDB member Johnsogr.  It included 9 cards, 3 of which he added as a bonus.


The minor leaguers are getting plenty of attention right now since they started spring training Monday.  That might change in the next few days, but I will still follow them closely.  I like to know who I might get a chance to see play in Peoria this year.  Minor league cards like these 1994 Fleer Excel and 1992 Classic Draft Picks are great to take along in hopes of getting an autograph.  Even without an autograph, they still have a nice spot in my collection.



It is surprising how many holes I still have in my collection from the 1990s.  I have 1 more 1995 Electric Diamond card to find and that team set will be complete.  The 1999 Fleer Warning Track team set has a lot more work to do.  I only have 7 of the 21 Cardinals from that set.


My bonus cards were these 3 1968 Topps cards.  As you can see they all have some issues, but that does not matter to me.  To receive cards that are over 50 years old as a throw in is a wonderful gesture on the other collector's part.  


1 comment:

  1. Free '68s including a HOFer is a very nice gesture indeed! The Tatis (Sr) card is really interesting to me, what uniform is that?

    ReplyDelete