Tuesday, March 22, 2022

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #12

 I missed 2 for Tuesday last week, but am back at it this week.  First up is a trade with one of my more frequent TCDB partners Themissionguy.  


These are my first 2021 Contenders cards.  Not much to like about the cards other than they feature Cardinal players.  I keep telling myself to shy away from these types of cards, but the hoarder/collector in me usual wins out.


These Arenado cards have much more eye appeal, even the 2021 Chronicles Certified.  I think it is strange that Topps included the Chrome Stars of MLB in 2022 retail packs, but the hobby packs have the base version like this one.  You would think the nicer card would be in the hobby packs.


I sound like a broken record, but Cardinals cards that have red backgrounds, borders, or nameplates look awesome.  The Yadi Revolution is the Fractal version.  I am glad this trader did not value his Ozzie reprint as much as the dealer from the card show last weekend.  

The second trade package arrived from member jackal726. 


It never gets old finding cards of Cardinals Hall of Famers.  The Slaughter is from the online 2021 Topps 206 set.  I am glad other collectors buy these and trade their unwanted cards so I do not have to.  


Mr. Motte does not really fit in with the other 2 players, but I did not want to scan just 1 card.  I guess his blue border matches the blue uniforms on the other 2 cards.  It is nice to see Topps use some fielding shots of Gold Glove winners like Arenado and Goldschmidt.  I really like the photo on the Metallic Snowflake of Goldy scooping out a low throw.  

  



No comments:

Post a Comment