Tuesday, March 8, 2022

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #11

It has been exactly 1 month since my last 2 for Tuesday post.  Being caught up on trade posts and not trading as much has cut down the flow of incoming mail.  I did not intend to slow down my trading, it just kind of happened.  I managed to pick it up a little last week and 2 of the smaller trades arrived yesterday.  First up was a 1 for 1 swap with member  ChrisGreg13.

Card numbers 150-200 in the 2003 Topps Gallery set were short printed with the odds of pulling 1 being 1 in 2 packs.  It does not sound like they should be tough to find, but I have not seen this card in a while other than a few overpriced ones on EBAY.  This was worth the 58 cents and 1 card I sent the other direction.        

The second and slightly larger trade package came from member Coleman23.


It was a foil filled package from 2020 Topps with 2 rainbows and 1 gold.  I do not really see the need for the gold foil cards.  They can easily be mistaken for the numbered gold parallels if you are flipping through a stack of cards too fast.  I guess Topps needed to add some perceived value to the hobby packs.


I see better value in the inserts.  The blue border looks great on the 2020 1985 insert.  The 2020 die cut McGwire is also a nice change from a standard looking card.  The Miller DH Debuts is from 2021.  It was a nice idea for an insert set, but the design is rather bland.  I am pretty sure Miller does not have too many inserts, so it was nice to see a different player get a little hype.  I doubt too many non Cardinals fans share that thought.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment