Friday, March 18, 2022

Cards from Buddy Ron B

I have lost track how many times Trading Bases member Ron B has sent me cards over the years.  I did make a note to keep track this year.  Anytime either of us head out to a card show, we check with each other to see what is on our want list.  I search for Pirates and Yankees for him and his son, he looks for Cardinals and Altuves for me and mine.    His third package of 2022 arrived earlier this week.  My son was disappointed there were no Altuve cards, but I came away with a great lot of Cardinals.


You never know what you may find in bargain boxes.  Both of these came from quarter boxes.  The 1998 SPx Polittle is numbered  to 2500.   The Musial is a great looking card from 2005 Upper Deck Mini Jersey collection.  


I am not for certain what these minis cost.  The Adams GQ purple is numbered to 250, the Hicks to 100.   


Arenado had a ton of nice cards last year.   This year should be even more.  The Stadium Club Sepia parallel is a great looking card, but I will give the edge to the Revolution Groove parallel.  Even without logos, the color matching on the card works great.


A couple more parallels from 2021 including a pink Optic Yadi and a French Text back parallel  Goldschmidt Heritage.  I thought about scanning the back of the Goldschmidt, but who wants to see a bunch of numbers and French text that you most likely cannot read.



Wainwright will be starting the Cardinals first spring training game later today.  Most fans believe this will be his and Molina's last season.  Flaherty reported to camp with a sore shoulder.  No news yet on what exactly is wrong, but he is getting a second opinion from another doctor.  That does not sound very good to me at all.  


After spending the last 11 seasons in St. Louis, Carpenter is one of the many remaining free agents.  The defensive shift killed his career a few seasons ago.  He might be able to sign a low cost deal as a DH, but I would not be surprised if his career is over.  I still will chase after this cards.  The 2014 Heritage Chrome refractor is numbered to 565.  The 2019 Heritage is a short print.





1 comment: