Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Brewers for Cardinals

The Cardinals' offense continued to be nonexistent last night against San Diego.  They better figure out how to hit again, or their playoff run will be very short.  Good thing the Brewers continue to lose.  That is the only way the magic number will shrink.  It stands at 6 right now.  

My lastest TCDB trade was with a Brewers fan.  I sent member cynicalbuddha a small stack of inserts in exchange for my usual Cardinals goodies.


Start things off with a couple of framed parallels from 2011 Gypsy Queen.  I wonder why Topps did not number the green Musial, but the framed Hornsby is numbered to 999.  Both are great looking cards either way.

The rest of the cards I did not know how to group, and did not want to scan each one separately, so you get 3 position players in this scan and 3 pitchers in the next scan.  Holiday is a orange day glow parallel from 2013 Archives, Pujols is a nice base card from 2010 Topps Tribute, and the Van Slyke is from 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes.  


The 2009 Chrome refractor Walters card is by far my favorite of this group.  I love Chris Carpenter, but it is hard to love a card with a Cub on it.  The 2003 Morris Standing O Die Cut is nice, but these things are a pain to store.  
  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment