Monday, September 26, 2022

Card Show Recap

My last 2 Saturdays have been filled with soccer and band competitions.  My son plays soccer while he and my daughter are in the marching band.  So far, we have not had any scheduling conflicts that prevent him from doing both.  That may change this upcoming Saturday when the soccer game and band competition are a 3 hour's drive apart.  Sometimes the locations work out in our favor.  A week ago, his game ended early, so we had some spare time to kill before making the hour drive to band.  As luck would have it, there was a card show at a local mall along the way.

We have recently been to this show a few times, so I was looking for certain dealers.  We had about 45 minutes to go through everything.  That was not enough time to see all the tables, but I did find 2 of the dealers I wanted to see.  The first dealer had 3 monster boxes of dime cards.  Most of them were base cards, but I did find 8 cards for trade bait.



Nothing huge here, but some nice numbered cards and some shiny inserts.  I did not want to spend more time to find  2 more cards for an even $1, so these ended up being slightly more than a dime.  Still a good buy in my book.

The second dealer had a variety of quarter and dollar boxes.  I spent a total of $10 at this table.  If I had more time, I would have spent twice that much.  He had lots of nice stuff, but I did not want to waste to much time checking my want list.


All four Altuve cards were $1 each.  Maybe a slight overpay, but I knew my son needed them all, and I felt he needed a reward for his shutout in goal at the soccer game.  


The other $1 cards I grabbed are a couple of nice Pirates for another trader.  He end up having the Cutch Pink Wave from 2020 Chrome Update, so if anyone needs it lmk.



The dealer had all his Cardinals in a 2 row box.  That made it very easy to flip quickly through them.  The first cards that caught my eye were these 2015 Platinum Series cards.  Wish I had looked at them a little closer, as the Peralta cards in the lower right corner is full of creases.  


There were a few colored Topps parallels in the box.  I needed the top 2.  The bottom gold card is already headed to another Cardinals collector.


I was 2 for 3 on purple parallels.  I already had the Bader.


I will gladly grab refractors for a quarter, even if the player is no longer on the Cardinals.  


I did not find too many Panini brand cards I needed.  The green Boyer is from 2021, while the McGwire is the hobby version from 2022.


The last and most interesting Cardinals I grabbed was this 1994 Classic Best Gold Acetates Dmitri Young.  I have never seen or heard of this card before.  Good thing TCDB has a search feature where you can enter a player's name and the card number.  


The only trade bait I grabbed were these 2.  I wanted to make it an even $11, but the dealer knocked it down to $10.  Overall I was pleased with my $11 spent at the show.  












        

No comments:

Post a Comment