Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Killer TCDB Trade

One positive aspect of my lack of trading is that it is easier to stay current with my trade recaps.  I wish I could say the same about filing cards away.  I have not done that in close to 2 months.  I am guessing a stack of 300 Cardinals needs to be put in the proper boxes.  Until I find the time, I will keep adding cards to the pile like the ones I received from TCDB member bobberkill.        


I do not often cross off OPC cards from my want list, let alone older ones like this Tyson card from 1979.  Only 3 more to go to finish the 10 card team set, with 2 of them being Lou Brock and Keith Hernandez.


It is great to see Wacha having success with the Red Sox this year.  He was so great his first few Cardinals seasons before injuries set in.  This 20016 Heritage Chrome card is numbered to 999.


Speaking of injuries to pitchers, Flaherty has made 3 starts since returning from the DL.  The Cardinals need him back to his 2019 form if they hope to advance far in the playoffs.


If the season ended today, Flaherty would face Sosa and the Phillies in the Wild Card round.  I like the Cardinals' chances against them better compared to the Padres or Braves/Mets.    


Finishing things up with 5 more cards from 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum  Anniversary.  I try to forget the Dexter Fowler era in St. Louis, but every now and then Topps reminds me about it.  


  


No comments:

Post a Comment