Tuesday, August 15, 2023

$25 Vintage Twitter Lot

I will interrupt my 2 for Tuesday post to bring you my recent twitter purchase.  This one consisted of vintage cards from 1959-1969 that cost me $25 delivered.  


These 1959 cards are in pretty good shape.  The Sam Jones card has a lighter colored back than the other 3.  Not sure if that is a variation or not.  Even if it is, 1 is enough for my team set.


This 1960 card is in decent shape also.  A minor crease on one of the corners is the only major blemish.  For the $1 price tag, I will not complain. 


I really like the multiplayer cards from 1961.  I have never heard of Daryl Spencer before receiving these 2 cards.  


1962 Topps is the original wood grain border set, not 1987.  This one is a little rough, but once again it was only $1.


I refer to 1963 Topps as the Cardinals McDonalds year.  Yellow and red make me think of the golden arches.  This Dal Maxvill rookie card has seen better days, but still fits nicely in my collection.


The seller had 3 copies of this 1965 Topps card.  This one was in the best shape.


These 1969 Topps cards were the most expensive of the lot at $2.50 each.  I did not notice from the seller's scan, but the Brock has a major crease going through the middle of it.  I will be upgrading it sometime.  All 3 of them had a small X written in ink pen on the back in the same location.  Kind of strange.  

You may have noticed I took pictures of all the cards instead of scanning them.  After 12 years, my Cannon printer/scanner finally shot craps over the weekend.  






1 comment:

  1. Wow. Impressed your Canon scanner lasted that long. That's pretty good. I've owned three since 2008.

    P.S. Love the Maxvill rookie!

    ReplyDelete