Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Another New Lankford

I have been busy adding 2023 Donruss Ray Lankford cards to my collection over the last few months.  It has been fun but will be slowing down big time now that all I need are mostly cards numbered to 25 or less.  That does not mean I am not adding to my Lankford collection.  My newest pick up arrived late last week.


This bobblehead was given out on July 23 at the Springfield Lucky Horseshoes game in Illinois.  Lankford was the guest manager that night.  Normally I would jump at the chance to see him in person, but my schedule did not allow it.  I heard there were 500 of these made, but not all were handed out.  Ticket holders had to stay until the end of the game to receive the bobblehead.  Luckily someone I know in a Facebook group had an extra.  
    

2 comments:

  1. I know when cards have a run of 500 copies, it's not considered too rare. But 500 bobbleheads is another story. Congratulations on adding it to your collection. I bet this one becomes very hard to find in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually there are quite a few bobbleheads on EBAY soon after they are given out. The Lankford has only shown up a handful of times. Glad I grabbed it when I did.

      Delete