Friday, August 11, 2023

Very Late

I consider myself very fortunate when it comes to online trading/buying.  In the 20 plus years I have been doing this, the times I have been ripped off or had something lost in the mail can be counted on 2 hands.  Well over 95% of the time the trade or purchase goes as planned.  Occasionally, I may have to follow up with a trader to get the wheels turning.  This has happened twice with the same TCDB member within the last year.      

I will not give out his name, as the cards have arrived in good shape both times.  I do not like waiting over a month after receiving his end to get mine.  Both times took numerous messages to remind him to mail my cards.  Needless to say, this package will be the last one I will be getting from him.


It had been so long since I agreed to this trade, I already received 2 of the above cards.  Good thing there are plenty of Cardinals collectors around.


2 more cards in this lot are doubles.  Both were dime box purchases at the last 2 card shows.  


Wainwright is trying for win #199 tonight against the Royals.  I thought last Friday he had a chance pitching at home against the Rockies, but he got rocked.  


A nice pink refractor was added to my son's Altuve binders.  Jose has been playing well since coming back from injury recently.  It looks like the Astros are poised for another long playoff run. 





  

2 comments:

  1. Although I don't want the Astros to win... I do enjoy Altuve. Very happy to see him get his groove back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the boat. Hard to see the team win, but I do root for some players like Altuve and Kyle Tucker.

      Delete