Monday, August 28, 2023

A Barry Good Trade

It was another depressing weekend for Cardinals fans.  Swept by the Phillies in 3 games while being outscored 22-3.  I never thought I would say this, but the end of the season cannot get here fast enough.  Maybe by some small miracle Adam Wainwright will finally get win 199 against the Padres tonight.  At least I still have some nice cards coming in like the ones in a recent package from TCDB member CoachBarry.


I doubt Wainwright will have too many cards after he retires.  Being a pitcher who has no chance of making the Hall of Fame will do that.  


Donovan went from having a few cards last year to being included in almost every release this year.  He does have some nice 2022 cards like this Panini Capstone.


I view Donruss Optic as a Topps Chrome knockoff.  It's not the most exciting brand, but my OCD says I have to collect all the Cardinals base cards in it.


The minor league collector in me loves these 2 2022 Prizm Draft cards.  Both of these guys are in Peoria right now.  Slight chance I may get them signed before the end of the season.  


  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment