Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Better than a Blaster EBAY Lot

Like quite a few other collectors, I have all but sworn off buying packs.  I believe last year I purchased 2 blasters.  I was never looking for the big hit.  My son and I just enjoyed the thrill of opening cards.  Now that he is a little older, we find more enjoyment in digging through boxes at card shows.  It lasts longer and certainly is a better return on investment.  

The money I save from buying packs goes into my card show and EBAY budget.  Since the last show I went to was a dud, I had some money left over from my January budget to go EBAY shopping.  Last week, I found a great 10-card Cardinals lot for a little less than the price of a blaster.


I have another copy of this Walker, but his cards are easy to trade to other Cardinals fans.  


The top 2 minis are the base version, while the bottom 2 are the rookie design variations.  These are all new to my collection.


This is my first Tommy Edman relic.  Nothing fancy, but I always try to get 1 autograph and 1 relic of a player.  


The 4 cards include my first certified autographs of Winn, Levenson, and DeLuzio.  The Levenson is numbered to 250.  The Winn card alone usually sells for what I gave for the lot.  It is a sticker auto, but I am a sucker for autographs showing Cardinals in minor league uniforms.

Overall the lot was a great buy.  The seller did a wonderful job packaging each card in its own sleeve and top loader, then sealed them in a team bag.  Hopefully he he will have more lots in the future.  





  

No comments:

Post a Comment