Tuesday, February 13, 2024

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #67

Anyone else getting excited for the start of spring training?  The Cardinals first official day for pitchers and catchers is tomorrow, but I have seen plenty of social media posts with a lot of players already in camp.  Games will start before you know it.  

Tomorrow also happens to be the release date for 2024 Topps, although there have been some already out.  I will most likely skip the pack busting and either join a group break, or trade for the team set.  You may see some in a 2 for Tuesday post in the future.  Until then, here are a couple of trades from last week.  First up is a 4 pack of Cardinals from member Ballantine.


I love adding these oddball cards like this 1988 Starting Lineup to my collection.  Other than the 3 Ray Lankford figures I bought years after release on EBAY, the only figure I ever purchased was a 1989 Vince Coleman.  The SLU figures were hard to find in my area.


A trio of 2023 Topps Chrome cards.  Yepez is now a National, while Gorman should see plenty of time at second base and DH this year.  If he stays healthy, 30 home runs should be an attainable goal.

Second trade came from frequent partner Orry04.


It is easy to work out a trade with him because he is an Astros fan who always has some duplicate Altuve cards my son needs.


I also managed to find a handful of Cardinals I can use.  Nice to add another Topps Gold parallel to the collection.





No comments:

Post a Comment