Friday, February 9, 2024

Big First for My Collection

My Cardinals collection is a rather large one, coming in just under 27,000 cards.  I am currently #1 on the TCDB list, but I know some collectors who have more cards than me; just have not entered them on the website.  There are also some collectors who have a more impressive collection than mine.  One Cardinals fan from Indiana has the best autograph collection I have seen.  He has most of the SP Legendary Cuts autographs of Cardinals who played before 1950.  Very impressive.

One area of my collection that I tried to focus on last year was vintage.  I added quite a few Cardinals from the 1950s and 1960s.  I should complete a few sets this year.  Some of them only need short prints or a Hall of Famer like Lou Brock or Bob Gibson to finish.  Maybe I will be able to complete one tomorrow at a card show.  

One Hall of Famer who has been absent from my vintage collection is Stan Musial.  Up until a trade last week with TCDB member jsteved, the oldest Musial card in my collection was from 1980.  I traded a duplicate 1963 Topps Bob Gibson for this:


My first vintage Musial is from 1962 Topps.  It is off-centered, but not as bad as my scanner made it out to be.  It does have some of the wood border showing on the right side.  Some soft corners but no major creases.  I am very thankful to this member, as the Gibson I sent his way was not in this good of shape.    
      

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! Over 27k Cardinals cards is super impressive. Congratulations on accumulating those... and for landing your first vintage Musial.

    ReplyDelete