Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Continuing with the Trade Packages

My second trade package last weekend came from TCDB member brianscards.  This package contained a variety of Cardinals, not just the cardboard kind.


1991 Panini Stickers are about the size of A&G mini cards.  I think they would like better with just a full color photo on the front, but I guess Panini needed somewhere to put the stats.

Topps put out a coin series from 1987-1990.  I have a few of them floating around somewhere.  This 1990 Pedro Guerrero completed a team set.  The 1991 Classic Draft Picks card is rather bland, but showing the player in a college uniform is a different change of pace.  I guess photoshopping players into MLB uniforms was not the in thing to do back then.

Collector's Choice Silver and Gold Signature parallels are some of my favorite 1990s sets to collect.  The 1994 version had 20 different Cardinals in it.  Sutcliffe followed a long line of former Cub pitchers to come to St. Louis in the early 1990s.  Lee Smith, Jaime Moyer, Les Lancaster, and Bob Tewksbury are a few I can think of.  Big Lee had a few good seasons as the closer, but not many of the others did much.  Tewksbury was a decent starter who was an All Star in 1992.

Take a close look at this 2016 Bowman Platinum card.  You may see the same picture in another post this week.

I can now say my 2017 Topps Update team set is finished, minus the photo variations.  I like the Postseason Celebration inserts, although this one highlighting the 2006 World Series could have at least shown one of the players.  I like clydesdales as much as any Cardinals fan, but this is a baseball card.  Show me a player.

No comments:

Post a Comment