Tuesday, November 7, 2017

PWE x 3

About a week ago I made some tentative plans to attend a card show in St. Louis this past Sunday.  By Friday those plans had changed and I would no longer be able to make the trip.  Year to date I have made 1 card show, which was a total bust.  I did not even spend a dime there. 

Instead of spending my money on sites like EBAY, COMC, and Sportlots, I have increased my online trading.  I still have to pay postage, but at least I am getting rid of unwanted cards at the same time.  Yesterday I had 5 different packages waiting for me.  Three were of the PWE type, all from TCDB members.


Member Kaline6 sent me a three pack ranging from the 1986 Fleer Star Stickers Coleman to the 2017 Update Sierra card.  The Musial is a 1988 Leaf card.  The Coleman and Musial completed team sets. 

Member BGerhard sent a similar 3 pack that also killed 2 sets.  Henke was the last card needed for the 1995 Donruss Top of the Order set, while the Peralta finished 2016 Stadium Club.  The Gilkey knocked the 1995 SP Championship set down to 1 card. 


Member bwvjones fitted 5 cards safely into his pwe package.  I have never seen 1995 Kraft cards before.  Now I have both Cardinals from that set.  Magrane is from the 1990 Topps Big set, just need one more to finish that one.  With a few other incoming cards to go with the Birds in the Garden card, I am down to needing 2 more 2017 Update Cardinals.  The 2017 Update Postseason Celebrations card is from the  2011 World Series.  6 years almost seems like a long time ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment