Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Three TCDB Trades

Monday's mail brought 3 more trade envelopes from TCDB members.

I did a small PWE trade with member madballboy that brought a couple of nice cards.  The Edmonds is a 2004 Red Chunks parallel that is very think.  I should have scanned the back of the Jose card to show that it is a Tiffany card, but I was too lazy.  I always like to see the front of a card, and I have not mastered the photo etching feature on my scanner to show the front and back in one picture.


Member irish77 completed my 1985 Fleer Update set with the top 3 cards.  About 30 years ago the Vince Coleman was one of my holy grail cards.  The 2016 Musial and 2017 Piscotty inserts were nice additions.  Every year Topps cranks out too many insert sets in the flagship brand.  I guess it is their way of adding value to a set instead of just having base cards.  I say forget the inserts and give me a large set like Topps Total.


 Member Clueless Joe sent a nice mixture of cards.  The So Taguchi is from 2002 Ovation, while the Rasmus is a 2011blue parallel.  It is so nice to have cards numbered to the year they were produced.  The Pujols was the last 2003 Opening Day sticker I need for my team set.  Last but not least is Fredbird.  I would love to have one of the autographed versions of his cards, but cannot justify paying $25 plus for it.

1 comment:

  1. Once I get off my arse-I will send ya what I have. I will probably wait till I finish the great file project of 2017

    ReplyDelete