Thursday, November 9, 2017

Filling More Holes

My fourth trade package from Monday came from TCDB member nyygregory.  I had the honor of being his first trade on the site.  He sent a nice package of recent Cardinals that hit quite a few sets.


It was tough hearing about Carpenter's good friend Roy Halladay's death.  I remember their game 5 pitching dual in the 2011 Division Series.  One of the best games I have ever watched.

Looking at their 2017 stats, you would not guess which one of these relievers was pitching in the Independent League a year ago, and which signed a hefty free agent contract last winter.  I can only hope Cecil gets better his second time through the National League.  Another subpar year and he will get the Mike Leake treatment.

This card finished my 2015 Diamond Kings set.  Wish the card showed a picture from his back swing.  The card is just too plain with the logo.

Big Mac brought my 2017 Archives set down to just one left to go.  The OH sp card finished my 2017 Ginter set.

I may be in the minority, but I love the 2017 Topps Fire cards.  It is a nice change from plain white borders.  The crazy backgrounds remind me of some of the late 1990s Metal Universe sets.

It is always nice to receive shiny cards in a trade.  The 2015 Finest Tuivailala finished my team set, while the 2011 Finest Pujols left me one card short of that set.  The 2014 Prizm Molina is a sp card highlighting his Defensive Player of the Year Honor.  Crazy that I have the sp before the base card.


No comments:

Post a Comment