Thursday, June 6, 2019

Big League Box Break

Taking a break from the trade recaps today to highlight a box break.  Over the weekend my son played in a wooden bat tournament in Terra Haute, IN.  We had some down time in between games on Sunday, so we ventured to the local Wal-Mart to pick up some snacks and to see what the card aisle had.  We were looking for Bowman, but settled on a value box of 2019 Topps Big League.  Hard to beat 5 packs for $10.

The Blast Off inserts are my favorite, although the player is not.  The Nickname set is kind of cool since it does showcase the Player's Weekend jerseys.

Each box has a four pack of blue parallels.  I did pretty well with a Trevor Story and Juan Soto. 

The gold cards are one per pack.  I did not do as well with these other than the Ryan Braun.   But I did get another gold card.

Most of the time I would be overjoyed to receive an autograph #ed to 99 out of a $10 retail box, but this card has 2 strikes against.  The obvious one is that it is a Cub.  The second is had to tell from the scan, but both bottom corners have damage.  I contacted Topps and filled out the paper work for a replacement.  I mailed the card along with the receipt and wrappers today.  I did request a Cardinals autograph as a replacement.  I will keep you updated with how I come out.    
 

2 comments:

  1. Pulling an auto of a top catcher in a $10 retail can't be beat...even if it is a Cub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It was good and bad at the same time. Maybe the replacement will fit better into my collection.

      Delete