Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Big Lot from Bobby

Not counting any of my incoming trades, today's post will get me caught up on trade recaps.  Wish I could say the same about filing the cards away.  I must have a stack of 175-200 Cardinals that need to be put away.  That will have to wait a few days unless it starts to ran again.  Anyway, this large lot of Cardinals came courtesy of TCDB member BobbyL.

 
My sticker collection has really grown this year.  Most of them have come from the 1980s Topps sets, not the current releases.  I hope the current sets don't take me 25+ years to complete.

Flair was one of the first premium brands Fleer put out.  I remember opening some packs that came in a small box instead of a wrapper.  The 1996 set featured silver and gold versions of the base cards.

These 2000 Omega cards did not scan very well.  The name plate at the bottom is not nearly as dark as what it came out.  My scanner hates all things silver for some reason.

I would hate to count how many base cards of Edmonds and McGwire I still need to complete some team sets.  A lot would be from 2000 or 2001 like these cards.



It was nice to finish a few sets with some missing Edmonds cards.  He has turned into a very good broadcaster on the Cardinals Fox Sports Midwest games.  I wish he would do more games, but instead I have to suffer listening to Tim McCarver some times.

Speaking of McCarver, he mad an appearance in the 2001 Topps Archives set.  Strange to see guys like him and Quisenberry along side Musial in a team set, but that is one of the things I loved about the Archives brand.

One of my favorite brands from Upper Deck that somewhat mirrored Topps Archives was SP Legendary Cuts.  Nothing better than an entire set devoted to team legends. 

2004 Donruss Team Heroes mixed Archives and SP Legendary Cuts altogether.  You have legends like Schoendienst, past players who had nice careers like Pendleton, and current players like Edmonds.  This is one of the sets that makes me miss Donruss, but then I think of all the over kill like World Series and Timelines from the same year and I am good living without Donruss.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment