Friday, June 7, 2019

Diamonds and Snow

Picking back up with my trade recaps, late last week I received a nice puffy from Trading Bases member Jack D. 

I wish Topps would bring back the Diamond Anniversary cards from 2011.  These were some of the best looking parallels in recent memory.  It does not hurt the set is from the last year the Cardinals won the World Series.

It was great to see Adam Wainwright have an outstanding game against the Cubs last Sunday.  8 innings of shutout baseball on 120+pitches.  I am not feeling very confident that he can do it again this weekend in Wrigley. 

Topps Holiday is one of those money grab sets to me.  It releases during the holiday season when collectors do not have much new product to open.  You may also get the occasion relative who wants to buy you cards, but does not know what to get.  As a result, they will pick up a box for you at Wal-Mart.  These metallic versions are somewhat better than the base cards. 

Vince Coleman seems surprised that someone would want to take his picture for this 1990 Topps Sticker Back card.  Jim Abbott is in a much better mood. 

Some random inserts round out the package.  The 2019 GQ Green is my favorite, but the 2018 Topps Chrome Prism refractor is a close second.  The 2017 GQ Missing Black Plate is just too bland for me. 

2 comments: