Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Big League Trade

Late last week I received my monthly trade package from Trading Bases member Ron B.  He felt the need to return fire for a handful of in person Pirate autos.  It was not necessary, but I am glad he did.


Ron sent along 11 2019 Big League Cardinals.  My scanner can only show 9, so I did not show the league leader cards.  I was hoping to find the last 3 I needed for my team set at the Indy card show, but no such luck.  I doubt they will be very hard to find.

Not all the base cards were from budget brands as I received a 2019 Inception and 2015 Topps Tribute card.  Both are very thick with a glossy finish.  I never buy the premium brands so it is nice when I can get base cards in a trade.

I received a Inception insert #ed to 99.  I guess Topps calls this color magenta.  Looks pink to me.  At least Panini keeps things simple with a red frame parallel from 2019 Diamond Kings.

Panini did not make this 2019 insert as easy to identify.  After consulting the Baseball Pedia website, I am guessing it is a pink firework parallel.  Topps did better with just a simple blue 2018 Topps Update 1983 card.

These inserts do not have much in common other than outfielders.  The 2018 Optic Shock O'Neill is my favorite.





No comments:

Post a Comment