Tuesday, October 18, 2022

6 Pack from the Devil

I have traded with TCDB member DukeyDevil 3 times this year.  He has a very large wantlist that is easy to hit.  Recently he has added quite a few cards for trade included some Cardinals that I needed.  I waited until he had 6 I needed to make the trade worth the postage.  His pwe arrived at my mailbox yesterday.  


My first cards from the 1991 Line Drive set were these 3 Hall of Famers.  I love the simple design and color off these cards.  The Line Drive logo is pretty sharp also.


Ozzie Smith has a ton of oddball cards from the late 1980s and early 1990s.  Being a Hall of Famer and about the only big name player on those Cardinals teams would be the cause of that.  This 1992 Post Canada Superstar card has a pull tab top that I did not want to try.  It looks like it reveals a mini card.


My 2005 Sweet Spot team set is now complete thanks to this Edmonds card.  I always considered Sweet Spot one of the first premium brands.  


Last card is from 2021 Bowman Sterling.  The card would look a lot better with just a simple team logo in the corner instead of the big X.  Liberatore had a taste of the majors this year, but had problems with his control.  Hopefully next year he can be more consistent.  I can see him being in the bullpen for a bit before joining the rotation.  



No comments:

Post a Comment