Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Forgot About One

Just before the regular season ended, I worked out a trade with TCDB member timriess.  This is our 12th trade on the site.  I have mentioned numerous times about trading my Cardinal duplicates to him.  When we started trading, I had over 400 cards he needed.  That number is now less than 50.  Somehow the latest cards I received from him where almost filed away without scanning them.  Better give them a proper send off.


Wainwright is now sitting at home watching the playoffs like the rest of the Cardinals.  The big difference is he may not be coming back.  My gut says he will pitch 1 more year.  If not, I am sure Topps will still make plenty of cards of him like this 2022 Series 2 silverpack card.   


Reyes is another pitcher with an uncertain future for the Cardinals.  His is more due to injuries.  I hope he gets 1 more shot next year.  Unlike Wainwright, I doubt Topps will continue to crank out his cards.


Carlson had a very down year.  Barring a trade or the Cardinals signing a big-name free agent, he will still be a starting outfielder in 2023.  I hope with a little more seasoning, he will be a more consistent hitter.  Since he is still young,  there will be no shortage of his cards being made.  Panini put out a ton of them in the 2021 Chronicles set, like this Holo Phoenix insert.  


Gyorko had nothing to do with the 2022 Cardinals.  He has not played in the majors since the 2020 season.  I still have a few of his cards to chase down for some team sets.  Most of them are parallels like this 2018 Topps Gold.  I love the action shot on this card.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment